Asthma: What Are the Causes and is There Natural Treatment?
Gasping for air and trying desperately to take her next breath were the only things that Gene wished she could do at that moment. She tried to suck more air into her lungs and every effort was met with more resistance. Upon entering a nail salon, she had an asthma attack that day that almost took her life. The attack seemed to have come out of nowhere and it got so bad that she could barely take her next breath. This attack lasted about 30 minutes and it got so bad that she had to rush to the nearest clinic to received treatment and drugs that would open up her and allow her to breathe more freely. If she wouldn’t have made it to the clinic when she did, there is a great possibility she may not have made it.
This is a common story for some asthmatics that carry around an inhaler in time of need when an episode comes on and the lungs are constricted to the point where they can barely breathe. What if permanent relief was available? What if you didn’t have to carry around an inhaler any longer? What if a natural solution existed that not only explained why you have asthma (the exact cause), but also was very inexpensive? What if you were able to do the exercise that you have always wanted to do?
History and Statistics of Asthma
It is estimated by the U.S. Prevalence Statistics for Chronic Disease that Asthma affects more than 60 million Americas each year (1 in 5 Americans). This is a dramatic rise from those that suffered with asthma just 10 years ago and is even more so from those that did 50 years ago. Here are some other shocking statistics about asthma.
- It is the most common chronic condition in children.
- It accounts for one quarter of all emergency room visits.
- The annual cost of asthma is about 60 billion dollars
- It is the number one cause of school absenteeism in children, accounting for most than 13 million total missed days of school.
Other statistics reveal asthma continuing to grow rapidly as a threat to the health of the general population. As of now, more incidences continue to occur among children and adults in the USA.
Asthma is generally characterized as inflammation of the bronchial tubes, sometimes marked by a secretion of sticky mucus inside of the tubes. When this happen, it is hard for people to breathe and they often feel like their airways is being obstructed and is closing. For many the symptoms one experiences can be wide and varied. Some of the most common symptoms do include:
- Chest pain, pressure or tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Allergic symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, cough, nasal congestion, sore throat and headache.
- Feelings of anxiety or panic
According to mainstream medicine no cure exists for asthma. Yet, at the same time, an exponential rise in cases of asthma has occurred within the last 20-40 years. This rise is due to the following factors:
1. Pollution. Our world is becoming increasingly polluted. The air we breathe is more polluted than ever and contains things that our bodies react to constantly.
2. Allergens. An allergen is any substance which stimulates an immune system response. We are exposed to more allergens now than at any time in history. When a substance that is foreign to the body enters, the body makes a choice as to whether it is harmful or not. If it deems X substance harmful, a reaction can occur which is the body’s way of “defending” itself. Aspartame, for example, is a substance that is not only harmful to the body, but it is also foreign. People can experience many types of reactions when substances such as this are introduced. Other notorious allergens are genetically modified foods, heavy chemicals found in personal care products, heavy metals such as mercury and aluminum, and even things such as the chemicals found in cleaning products.
3. Poor diet and health habits. The immune system needs nutrients to be able to manufacture the resources necessary to defend itself. Without good sources of food that truly nourish the body, we will continue to have asthma and other dangerous health problems. Unfortunately, most Americans have a very poor diet.
4. Vaccinations. Contrary to popular belief, vaccines actual can work against the immune system. They are filled with many harmful substances such as mercury and aluminum, which bring harm to the immune system in the long run.
The most common treatment for asthma is the use of controller medications such as inhalers to help control inflammatory responses, swelling and mucus production in the airways. On the quest to discovering why asthma has increased exponentially, critical questions must be asked. If the things mentioned above have caused a dramatic rise in asthma, can it be reversed? Pollution, allergens, poor diet and lifestyle choices, and vaccinations all can be combated against naturally and for that reason, natural solutions to healing from asthma in my opinion lie outside of conventional treatment.
One of the most powerful ways that asthma can be eliminated is through changing your dietary and lifestyle habits. I have seen people detoxify, start eating lots of organic vegetables and fruits, eliminate their exposure to toxic chemicals and metals in their environment, drink lots of water, etc… and within 6 months 90% of asthma symptoms disappear. For many the symptoms never appear again. Here in the clinic, along with helping you to change lifestyle choices we use very powerful supplements to cleanse and rebuild the liver and lungs, while also stimulating the health of the immune system.
In my personal opinion, one of the prime contributors to asthma is allergens or sensitivities. We are taught that no cure exists for allergies. Once you have an allergy to something, like dust or pollen, you will have that allergy for the rest of your life. This simply just isn’t true. You can “rewire” the body and tell it not to have an allergic response to something that is not potentially harmful. Does everyone have an allergy to pollen? No. Is pollen a threat to the body? No. So why do some people have an allergy to it and others don’t? The answer lies in the “software” of the brain and whether or not it perceives pollen as a threat. The software can be altered and a new program, one that tells the body that pollen is not harmful, can take effect in the body. The pioneer of allergy or sensitivity elimination is Dr. Devi Nambudripad, who invented a treatment called NAET (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Technique). Since then, other practitioners have taken NAET to a new level and have made allergy elimination easier (no needles), more effective and less expensive. This is one of the most exciting things we do in the clinic. Taking away people’s sensitivities to dairy, wheat, sugar, other foods, heavy metals, chemical and many more things has changed many people’s lives. Our allergy elimination involves no needles and can eliminate more than one sensitivity or allergy at a time. Many people get incredible relief after just 1 or 2 sessions.
Nutritional Supplements exists that can help tremendously and give the body a boost in immune system function.
1. Calcium Lactate -Supports muscle contraction and nerve conduction and maintenance and function of cell membranes and membrane permeability.
2. Livaplex - Supports healthy liver and gallbladder function, the body’s normal elimination of toxins, healthy digestion of fats, bowel and bile function.
3. Pneumatrophin PMG - Provides uniquely derived nucleoprotein-mineral extracts that support cellular health in the lungs.
4. Allerplex – Supports the body’s natural ability to loosen up mucus, healthy liver function, and healthy lung function.
The path to being free from asthma lies in having a truly healthy lifestyle and in helping the body to decipher what is truly a threat (allergens) and what is not. If you are in the Orlando area and you suffer from asthma, please stop by for an assessment to see how we can help you with you asthma through allergy elimination and lifestyle improvements.