Do you have food or environmental allerigies? Want to fix them for good?
How many of you feel like burying your head in the sand during allergy/hay fever season? Or at least wearing a chemical gas mask to avoid the pain of allergic responses? Truth be told, allergies blow…no pun intended. Record numbers of people are experiencing allergies to all sorts of things both in food and in the environment. Far more people have allergies today than ever before and there are very specific reasons for that. Is there hope? Will you have to take Allegra or that funky inhaler for the rest of your life?! NO!
What are allergies/hay fever?
Allergies are a reaction that occurs due to hypersensitive reaction that the immune system has to a foreign substance that enters the body. An allergen (the foreign substance) binds to a special antibody that set off a release of chemicals including histamine. The result of this is typical responses or symptoms such as a runny nose, itchy eyes, swelling, etc… Many doctors don’t know how to correct this issue naturally. A naturopath’s job is to figure out the basic cause and then help you to fix the problem naturally, rather dealing with the symptoms. Allergies are not something you have to suffer with for the rest of your life and in the clinic the proof is in the pudding.
Why do some people have them and others don’t?
Everyone is different and the immune system of some develops more antibodies that will cause these problems in the future. Many factors play into this, the most important being the state or correct functioning of the immune system.
What is the cause?
The cause of allergies/hay fever are numerous, however, if it would have to be summed up, it would be this: Allergies are cause by a weakened and confused immune system. So part of the solution would be to boost the immune system so that it does not get so confused to benign or non-harmful substances that shouldn’t be causing reactions. Health conditions generally arise from two general conditions: Toxicity and Deficiency. Through Nutrition Response Testing both of these issues can be dealt with directly and effectively.
How do you treat them naturally?
- One of the most common causes for an allergic reaction and an underlying cause of poor immune function are food sensitivities or a food allergy. What are the food that people are most sensitive to that cause all sorts of problems? Dairy, wheat and gluten food and citrus food cause great amount of mucus buildup that make Allergies reactions much worse. Sugar, Eggs, white rice, all dairy, and other select food also cause many problems. Some people say that 90 percent of health symptoms can be related to reactions to food. Many ways exist to find out if you are sensitive. Through Nutrition Response Testing, we easily find food sensitivities and food allergies. The way to do it on your own is by avoiding a suspicious food for at least 4 days and then reintroduce it into your diet and see if you have any reaction throughout the day. Reactions may be delayed. Another way if to monitor your regular sitting pulse rate and if you are sensitive to something you at, your pulse will rise by 15-20 beats in just minutes after ingesting that food. By avoiding food and by using digestive plant enzymes, food sensitivities and food allergies can be dealt with fairly easily.
- Toxins. We are exposed to hundreds if not thousands of toxic chemicals and metals each day. Many of these toxins, when they get into the body, are not easily removed and cause problems. A non invasive chelation program should be followed to pull these substances from the body. These substances also suppress the immune system.
- Pay attention to the liver and the adrenal glands, as their roles in allergic responses is very important. When you cleanse the body the colon should first be your point of focus. This will take stress off of the liver. One herb that has been know to help the liver is milk thistle. In NRT, we use other detoxifies for the liver. The adrenal gland and liver may need to be “rebuilt”, however, the adrenal function well with the help of B Vitamins, particularly B5 – peridoxine.
- Make sure you eat 6-8 servings of organic vegetables and fruits per day. This will tremendously contribute to proper immune function.
- Bentonite clay can help to remove toxic chemicals and metals from the body.
- Reduce your toxic exposure to chemicals and metals. Have silver/mercury dental amalgams removed. Replace cosmetic products that are loaded with toxins with organic non-toxic ones.
- Vitamin C. I am not a fan of synthetic vitamins, but one that I am a huge proponent of is Vitamin C with bioflavonoids (quercetin). There is a 3 pound jar of vitamin C plus bioflavanoids you can get from NOW. This is powerful in reducing allergic reaction and boosting the immune system. Take 3,000mg doses throughout the day, until you reach bowel tolerance.
- Essential Fatty Acids can help to reduce inflammatory responses. I recommend Carlsons cod liver oil or Garden of Life.
- B complex from Standard Process or Garden of Life.
- Immune system booster such as Beta 1,3 1,6 Glucan or Garden of Life’s RM10 Ultra are great products for boosting the immune system. Be sure to take these for at least 2-3 months.
- Get an air filter (HEPA) for your bedroom while you sleep.
By cleansing the body, eating the right foods, and using targeted nutrients to support various parts of the body in particular, you will have more than a fighting chance against allergies today and in the future. I have helped many patients completely rid themselves of their allergies and the chronic congestion that they have lived with for years. Nutrition Response Testing only helps to speed this process up very quickly by identifying exactly which toxins are affecting you and what specific nutrients your body needs to fight…and win.