What To Expect – First Visit
First and foremost, you can expect things to be relaxed, fun and informative. Taking fear and anxiety out of the typical visit to a doctor is something that is very important to Dr. Scott. In order to know the most about your life and health, we typically do a 3 hour orientation with everyone that we see in the clinic for the first time.
We typically break the orientation up into two 1.5 hours session. If the session is over the phone, or if you are traveling a long distance to get to the clinic we can do the whole 3 hour orientation at one time. , the first 1.5 hour is just about getting to know you and performing some very simple tests. Here is a list of the things that are done during a typical first visit. Please let me know if you would like to do the whole session all together. Otherwise, the first appointment will be set up for 1.5 hours. This initial orientation is a critical part of setting the foundation for understanding how healing occurs.
- We will go over a thorough and detailed health history (30-45 minutes). Even though you fill out paperwork, more questions may be asked for further clarification into your specific issues.
- We will go over my philosophy of healing and how that relates to the specific health issues that you are having (30-45 minutes). This initiates the process of actually healing. This philosophy may be different than what you have heard before, but it will make complete sense to you.
- Intuitive testing (applied kinesiology or muscle testing). Using the Nutrition Response Testing format, you will be tested for the weakest organs, glands or parts of the body that need the most physical healing and what organic whole food supplements can help those parts of the body to best heal. You body is also tested for heavy metals, chemicals, food sensitivities, pathogens or scars that may be causing confusion in your nervous system. If a full detox is needed, it may be suggested.
- The cost for this initial 2.5-3 hour consultation is $160 USD. If it is a distance session being done on Skype or over the phone, payment can be made by personal check or with a credit card over the phone.
- We will go over a detailed report discussing what was found in the testing (30-45 minutes). The focus of this report is mostly on physical healing. You are encouraged to ask many questions. Other resources will be presented here that will greatly aid you in the healing process.
- Diet and healthy eating (30 minutes). Many people have questions about diet and what is best for them. While this may not be the focus of healing in future sessions, it will be discussed because it is an integral part of the healing process. If this is a priority for you, please let me know and we can spend more time in this area. If this is something you feel you have a good handle on, we can move on to the other aspects of healing.
- Depending upon each case, we may have a short session and will actually dig into your health issue. (30 minutes, time permitting).
I also can do private, individualized plans if you have more pressing health issues or would like to have a very detailed plan designed specifically to work on what areas of your health that are important to you. Please call or contact me through email to find out more.